Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Announces North Sea Awards

In connection with the North Sea Awards 2001, 12 companies will receive offers to explore for and produce petroleum in the North Sea. The companies will in total be offered petroleum production licenses in 10 blocks or parts of blocks.

The North Sea Awards 2001 is important for the long-term resource management on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. As there will be spare capacity in existing fields in the North Sea in the coming years, making new discoveries and maturing them for development is necessary to ensure utilization of this capacity. This will even out the activity level, said Einar Steensnaes, Minister of Petroleum and Energy.

North Sea Awards 2001 was announced in September 2001, with a deadline for the submission of applications by December 7, 2001.

The following companies will be offered operatorship (number in parenthesis): Statoil (2), Norsk Hydro (2), Phillips (2), RWE-DEA (2), Pelican/DONG (1) and Kerr-McGee (1). The following companies will receive offers for participation (number in parenthesis): TotalFinaElf (2), Dong (2), Svenska Petroleum (1), Norsk Hydro (1), Statoil (1), Paladin (1), RWE-DEA (1), Enterprise (1), Norsk Agip (1).

The following is a breakdown of operatorship and participation:

Block 7/1 was awarded to Norsk Hydro as operator with 60% and Dong was awarded the other 40%.

Block 30/11 (partial) was awarded to Norsk Hydro as operator with 50% and Enterprise was awarded the remaining 50%.

Block 2/9 was awarded to Phillips as operator with 70% and Dong was awarded the remaining 30%.

Block 2/4 (partial) was awarded to Phillips as the operator with 35.112%; Norsk Agip was awarded 12.388%, Norsk Hydro was awarded 6.654%; Statoil was awarded 0.950%; TotalFinaElf was awarded 39.896%; and SDFI was awarded the remaining 5%.

Block 33/12 (partial) was awarded to Statoil as the operation with 70% and the SDFI was awarded the remaining 30%.

Block 30/6 (partial) was awarded to Statoil as operator with 18%; TotalFinaElf was awarded 18%; RWE-SEA was awarded 13.50%; Paladin was awarded 9.00%; Svenska was awarded 4.50% and the SDFI was awarded 37%.

Block 30/2 (partial) was awarded 100% to RWE-DEA.

Block 34/9 (partial) was awarded 100% to RWE-DEA.

Block 33/9 (partial) was awarded 100% to Kerr-McGee.

Block 1/3 was awarded 100% to Pelican/Dong.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $59.02/BBL 3.79%
Light Crude Oil : $52.22/BBL 3.07%
Natural Gas : $2.92/MMBtu 1.31%
Updated in last 24 hours