Paladin Says Norwegian Wildcat a Duster
Paladin Resources has completed drilling the wildcat well 9/3-2, located offshore Norway. No indications of hydrocarbons were encountered while drilling.
The main objective of this well was the 'Aimee' Jurassic sandstone Prospect, located approximately 10 kilometers east of the abandoned Yme Field.
The well was drilled to a total depth of 3154 meters. No indications of hydrocarbons were encountered while drilling. Following completion of logging operations, the well will be permanently plugged and abandoned.
The well was drilled using the Maersk Giant jackup. Following completion, the rig will be moved to its next location in block 1/2 to drill the 1/2-2 well in the 'Hummer' Prospect (Production License 143-CS).
The licensees in production license 316 are Pertra AS with 10%; Revus Energy AS with 20%; Talisman Production Norge AS with 30% and Paladin Resources Norge AS as operator with 40%.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Paladin Resources more info
- Faroe Petroleum, Dong E&P Swap Norwegian Sea Assets (May 19)
- Nido Encouraged by Early Palawan Results (Apr 02)
- Nido: Prelim NW Palawan Seismic Shows 60-plus Structures (Mar 30)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)