Woodside Completes Log Acquisition at Labeidna-1
The Stena Tay has finished wireline log acquisition on Labeidna-1 exploration well, including the recovery of oil and rock samples to surface. The well was plugged and abandoned as planned. The Stena Tay drill rig was released on November 20, 2005 to drill a well for another operator.
Preliminary evaluation of the data acquired in Labeidna-1 indicates that the well intersected a gross oil bearing interval of 116 meters, comprising an interbedded series of thin but high quality sands and claystones. Interpretation of image logs and magnetic resonance logs and other analytical work is continuing to quantify the total net pay thickness. These results will be incorporated into an assessment of the commercial potential of the Labeidna accumulation.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)