Encana Spuds Dominion J-14 Well Offshore Nova Scotia
Marauder Resources East Coast reports that the Rowan Gorilla VI jackup has spudded the Encana/Marauder Dominion J-14 well. Encana as operator of the well, located offshore Nova Scotia, anticipates the drilling program will take approximately 50 days to complete.
The well is expected to evaluate a prospect along trend with the Deep Panuke natural gas discovery where existing wells have production tested at rates in excess of 50 MMSCFD. In addition to the J-14 location, other leads have been identified on Exploration License No. 2357.
Subject to the terms of the farmout, Marauder will earn a 20 percent working interest in Exploration License No. 2357 after the drilling of the well has been completed, and will have net holdings in the license of 6,423 acres.
Marauder also owns a 50% working interest in the Balmoral Block that has a potential drilling location along trend with the Deep Panuke discovery called Wolfville N-32. The N-32 location is situated between J-14 and MarCoh D-41, a successful well with 100 m of gas bearing reservoir that was drilled during the summer of 2003.
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)
Company: Marauder Resources more info
- Marauder Resources Sells Deep Panuke Interests (Jul 09)
- Marauder Mulls Sale of Interest in PL 2901 Offshore Nova Scotia (Oct 04)
- Marauder Appoints Kempf as Consulting Landman (Jul 06)