ONGC Videsh Set for First Foray in Cuba
ONGC Videsh Ltd. has entered into an agreement with Repsol-YPF to acquire 30 percent participating interest in deepwater exploration Blocks 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 36 located in Cuba.
The acquisition will be complete after approval by the Cuban Government. The other partners for the Blocks are Repsol-YPF (40 percent) and Norsk Hydro of Norway (30 percent). Repsol-YPF is the operator.
The acquisition marks OVL's first foray into Cuba's Oil and Gas Industry.
The blocks are spread over nearly 12,000 sq. km in that country's Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). The hydrocarbon resource potential of the blocks is estimated to be more than 4 billion barrels.
It was an exploratory well drilled in one of these blocks that had indicated the presence hydrocarbons.
The Blocks are in the third exploration period.
The work program includes acquisition of 3-D seismic data on 3000 sq. km. and drilling of wells at the selected prospects.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)