Entessa Delivers Second Release of Vessel Positioning System for Hovensa
Entessa, a software solutions and services provider for the Oil and Gas Industry, has delivered the second release of the Vessel Positioning System (VPS) to Hovensa, a joint venture between Amerada Hess and Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA). Hovensa, located in St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, operates one of the most modern refineries in the United States and, with crude oil processing capacity of 525,000 barrels per day (BPD), is one of the largest in the world.
VPS is based on an implementation of Entessa's Marine Scheduling & Operations Management Solution (MSOMS) that helps Hovensa integrate its marine terminal operations, one of the largest in the world, with the rest of its supply chain. VPS streamlines the process of vessel, cargo, and dock coordination at the Hovensa Refinery Marine Terminal and aids with the complex programming of petroleum feedstocks, finished products, and marine bunkers. Significant improvements included in the second release include access to VPS using mobile field devices, integration to industry standard partner systems, including ERP systems and Economics and Planning applications, and additional features that make the application even more intuitive.
"Entessa has set a high standard for IT projects at Hovensa. We are all very pleased with the results of this implementation, and the results have exceeded everyone's expectations. We look forward to continuing our relationship with Entessa," said Eric Hutchins, Group Director of Technology for Hovensa. Hovensa is anticipating seeing improvements in such areas as demurrage costs, increased refinery terminal efficiency, and improved inventory management due, in part, to VPS. The user base has been particularly pleased with the ease of use of the system.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: PDVSA more info
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela Confirms Discussing Citgo Collateral Swap With Rosneft (Oct 04)
- Venezuelans Face Growing Queues To Buy Gasoline (Sep 21)
- Venezuela's Crude Supply To The United States Was Flat In August (Sep 13)
Company: Entessa more info
- Entessa Delivers Second Release of Vessel Positioning System for Hovensa (Nov 16)