Statoil to Continue Work on Tampen with the Borgland Dolphin
Statoil has received consent to use the Borgland Dolphin in the Tampen area during the period January 1 – December 31, 2006.
Statoil has previously received consent for use of the Borgland Dolphin for the contract period up to December 31, 2005.
The company has now extended its contract with Borgland Dolphin until December 2006. The Norwegian Petroleum Safety Board has granted Statoil consent to use the rig for production drilling, completion and well interventions in the Tampen area up to December 31, 2006.
The Borgland Dolphin, which is operated by Dolphin AS, is an Aker H3 rig built in 1976. The facility received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in September 2004.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)