CNOOC Successfully Completes Bohai Bay Appraisal Well
CNOOC has successfully completed the BZ19-4N-2D well, an appraisal well drilled in Bohai Bay.
BZ19-4N-2D, located on Structure BZ 19-4N on Block 11/19, was drilled in 23 meters of water to a total depth of 2,390 meters. Drilling of BZ19-4N-2D commenced in August 2005. The well encountered 98.5 meters of pay.
Two drill stem tests (DST) were conducted in two intervals. During the tests, the well flowed at about 770 barrels of oil per day and 0.15 million cubic feet of gas through a 7.94 mm choke.
Mr. Zhu Weilin, Vice President of the Company and General Manager of Exploration Department commented, "The successful result of the appraisal is the continuation of our effective exploration programs and activities offshore Bohai."
Block 11/19 is a PSC block with ChevronTexaco as the only partner.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)