Woodside Spuds Labeidna-1 Offshore Mauritania
The Stena Tay has completed plug and abandonment operations on Tevét-2 ST1, as planned, prior to moving to the Labeidna-1 exploration well location. The well is located 15 kilometers to the southwest of the Chinguetti Field and will target a Miocene-aged reservoir objective.
Labeidna-1 was spudded on November 5, 2005 in a water depth of 1,266 meters. At midnight on November 7, 2005, the well had been drilled to a depth of 2,198 meters with preparations underway to set casing before drilling ahead to the planned total depth of approximately 3,095 meters.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)