Gulf Island Fabrication Wins Contract to Build Blind Faith Topsides
Gulf Island Fabrication's wholly owned subsidiary Gulf Island, L.L.C., has executed a contract with Chevron North America Exploration & Production Company, a division of Chevron U. S. A., to fabricate the topsides for the Blind Faith platform. The Blind Faith field is a partnership of Chevron and Kerr-McGee Corp. It is located in approximately 7,000 feet of water in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Financial terms are undisclosed.
Gulf Island expects to begin fabrication in the first quarter of
2006 and expects to deliver the topsides in 2007. The company will use
its existing facilities and labor in Houma to complete the project.
The projected revenue and man-hours for this project were included in
the backlog numbers released on Oct. 26, 2005.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc. more info
- Gulf Island Fabrication Signs LOI for GOM Hull Fabrication Proj. (Apr 29)
- Gulf Island Fabrication Inks Fabrication, Integration Contract in GOM (Nov 23)
- Gulf Island Marine to Build Offshore Support Vessels in Iraq (Mar 19)