Northern Petroleum Says Seismic Ops Will Begin Shortly Offshore Guyane
Northern Petroleum says that the operator of the Guyane License, Hardman Resources, has reported that it will commence seismic data acquisition shortly, with the program to include the recording of approximately 1,600 km of 2D and 300 square kilometers of 3D seismic data. Northern owns a 1.25% net beneficial interest in the Guyane EEL through its shareholding in Northpet Investments Limited.
This new seismic data acquisition is aimed at maturing a number of leads already developed within the EEL as a result of the previous 7,500 km 2D seismic survey to prospect status by the end of the first quarter of 2006. Hardman has also reported that preparations continue on the Guyane drilling program for 2006, which will consist of one firm well and one contingent well.
Derek Musgrove, Managing Director of Northern, stated:
"Many of the leads and prospects that have been mapped in the past and already reported on are of a very substantial size and six are estimated to have a potential of greater than 1 billion barrels of recoverable oil.
We are pleased to make progress towards a final determination of a drillable prospect that Hardman have stated they plan to drill during 2006. Our 1.25 % net beneficial interest in any discovery within the license could have a very substantial impact upon this company."
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)
Company: Northern Petroleum more info
- Northern Petroleum Agrees Cascina Alberto Farm-Out with Shell (Mar 05)
- Northern Petroleum's Latest Alberta Well Proves Uneconomic (Feb 10)
- Northern Drills First Wells in Current Program in Alberta (Sep 17)