Aker Kvaerner Improves Cleaning of Produced Water on Troll B
Norsk Hydro has awarded Aker Kvaerner the modification contract to further improve cleaning of produced water from the Troll B platform. The modifications will be done to meet the official requirement of zero discharge of environmentally harmful waste into the ocean. The contract value is approximately NOK 60 million.
Aker Kvaerner Offshore Partner in Bergen, Norway, will start engineering and detailed planning of the work immediately. The equipment is to be mechanical complete and ready for use by August 1, 2006. The contract was secured in strong competition with other Norwegian companies.
Aker Kvaerner Offshore Partner will be responsible for engineering, procurement, hook-up and installation offshore. The largest unit of the contract is the purification plant delivered by Epcon. Aker Kvaerner Elektro will be responsible for electrical and instrumental installations.
Offshore installation will start February 25, 2006.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)