Rowan Sells Rowan Midland Semisub to ATP Oil & Gas
Rowan Companies has agreed to sell its only semisubmersible rig, the Rowan-Midland, to ATP Oil & Gas Corporation for approximately $60 million in cash. Payment for the rig will be made over a 15- month period and title will transfer at the conclusion of the payment period. The Company expects to record a pre-tax gain on the transaction in the range of $45-50 million, which will be recognized over the payment period.
The Midland will be utilized by ATP as a floating production platform. Rowan will retain ownership of the drilling equipment on the rig. In addition, Rowan will continue to provide a number of operating personnel to ATP under a separate services agreement.
Danny McNease, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "This transaction follows several others the Company has executed over the past year in order to focus on Rowan's core business of furnishing premium jack-up drilling rigs."
- Lessons from ATP Bankruptcy There for Those Who Listen (Jun 30)
- Cosco Discontinues Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module Project (Jan 12)
- Cosco Reveals Buying Interest for Octabuoy Hull and Topside Module (Jul 23)
Company: Rowan Companies more info
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)