ExxonMobil Submits PDO for Ringhorne Ost
ExxonMobil has submitted a Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) for Ringhorne Øst.
The oil deposit Ringhorne Øst is located in Block 25/8 in the North Sea, near the Balder field. The operating company ExxonMobil estimates in the PDO that recoverable volumes amount to 7.5 million standard cubic meters of oil equivalents (Sm3 o.e.).
The total development costs have been estimated to around one billion NOK.
According to the development plans, the deposit will be developed with production wells drilled from Ringhorne. The oil will be processed on Ringhorne and Balder.
The government intends to process the development plan for Ringhorne Øst before the end of 2005, according to a statement from the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.
Ringhorne Øst is located in Production Licenses 169 and 027.
The operator for the development is ExxonMobil E&P Norway.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)