Norsk Hydro Inks PSA Deal for Block 4 Offshore Angola
Norsk Hydro has signed a Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) with Sonangol EP for Block 4 offshore Angola.
Block 4 represents a continuation of the long-term cooperation between Sonangol and Hydro. Hydro and Sonangol P&P have been exploring the block since early 2003 and a discovery was made in September 2004 under a prospecting license.
The discovery is at about 700 meters water depth and is being evaluated for a stand-alone development.
Final approval of the project is scheduled to be made during the first half of 2006, and production is planned to start by the end of 2007. Recoverable volumes from the discovery are estimated at 50 million barrels of oil.
In addition to developing the discovery, further exploration activity will be carried out on the block.
Partners in Block 4 are Sonangol as operator with 50%; Norsk Hydro with 20%; Anogla Consulting Resources with 15% and Sociedade Petrolifera Angolana SA with 15%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)