The Peak Group Wins West African Contract
The Peak Group has secured its first contract offshore Mauritania by agreeing to drill an exploration well for Dana Petroleum.
The deep water well will be drilled on the exciting Faucon prospect in block 1, approximately 130 nautical miles offshore Southern Mauritania. Faucon, and its sister prospect, Petrel, each have the potential to contain more than one billion barrels of oil in place.
Work on the well, which will be drilled in approximately 1,200 meters of water, is scheduled to start in October this year and the contract is for 30 days.
Peak Well Management, the well management division of The Peak Group, will carry out all engineering and supervision of the operation.
Peak Well management managing director Bob Lyons said: "While we have already carried out a significant amount of work in West Africa as part of our global expansion, the contract with Dana Petroleum is our first venture into Mauritania.
"We would hope that more work will follow as the enormous potential of these exciting prospects in Southern Mauritania is realized."
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Peak Group more info
- Awilco Nabs LOI for Drilling Program Offshore Indonesia (Aug 05)
- New Deals Boost Duffy and McGovern in SE Asia, Australia (Apr 17)
- Arrow to Supply Liquegas with Coal Seam Gas from Daandine (Apr 11)