Borgland Dolphin Contract Cancelled
The Letter of Award for a drilling contract utilizing the semi-submersible rig Borgland Dolphin, to Dolphin from Revus Energy ASA, Drilling Petroleum Technology (DPT), DNO AS and Pertra AS has been cancelled. Revus near term drilling plans are not affected by the cancellation.
Revus would in a potential contract have had access to 3 well slots in the period 2007-2009 and as such the rig was intended to be used for future drilling activity on prospects yet to be defined.
Near term drilling plans such as Aimee (PL316 operated by Paladin) and Blåmannen (to be drilled from the Murchison platform) are not affected by the cancellation.
Revus will continue to co-operate with its operators and co-venture partners to secure the necessary rig capacity for future exploration drilling.
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)