Origin Spuds Childers Cove 1 Gas Well
Origin Energy has spud the Childers Cove 1 natural gas exploration well located in the onshore Otway Basin Exploration Permit 154 in Australia. The well is being spud using Century Drilling's Century 7 rig.
Childers Cove-1 is located approximately 6 km to the northwest of the Croft Gas Field and 28 km southeast of the city of Warrnambool. The well will evaluate the potential of the Late Cretaceous Waare Formation, the main producing horizon for all previous gas discoveries in the area.
Childers Cove 1 has a planned total depth of 2536 meters and is expected to take 17 days to drill and evaluate.
Participants in PEP 154 and Childers Cove 1 are Origin Energy as operator with 90% and Beach Petroleum with 10%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Beach Petroleum more info
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)