Gazprom Shortlists Statoil for Shtokman Project
Gazprom says that Statoil is one of the companies with which Gazprom wants to negotiate on participation in developing the Shtokman gas field in the Barents Sea.
A number of international companies submitted development proposals for the Shtokman field to Gazprom during the spring.
Statoil presented its proposals, with five possible development solutions, at the end of April. These have been assessed by Gazprom and the company now wishes to cooperate further with Statoil before a final decision is taken on which companies will become part of the Shtokman partnership.
"We are pleased that Gazprom wants to continue collaboration with Statoil in connection with Shtokman," says Peter Mellbye, executive vice president for International Exploration & Production.
"Developing Shtokman will be an exciting challenge, both technologically and commercially, and we are keen to take part," Mr. Mellbye adds.
"Statoil wants to be involved in the entire value chain, from field development to landfall, LNG facility, shipping and marketing. We will now continue the good cooperation with Gazprom which we have enjoyed so far.
"Our goal is to be one of the companies Gazprom chooses as partners in the development project."
Gazprom announced earlier that it plans to make its choice of partners for the Shtokman development before the end of this year.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)