Artreus-1 Exploration Well Encounters Oil
The Artreus-1 exploration well, located in TL/6 offshore Australia was spudded on September 9, 2005 and reach a total depth of 4,406 meters measured depth. The well was drilled from the Harriet Joint Venture Agincourt Platform and the bottom hole objective location lies approximately 2.8 kilometers southeast of the surface location.
Preliminary log analysis indicates the well has encountered a 12.5m gross oil column at the Double Island Sandstone objective.
Although oil reserves are yet to be calculated for the Artreus structure, this initial result is very encouraging, with the oil column height consistent with pre-drill expectations. Options are currently being evaluated for a rapid development of the Artreus accumulation.
TL/6 Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest as operator with 68.5%; Tap Oil with 12.2229% and Kufpec Austrlia with 19.2771%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)