Statoil Gest Approval for Major Modifications on Huldra Platform
Statoil has secured consent to install a new compressor on Huldra. With the aid of the compressor, the delivery pressure in the gas pipeline to Heimdal will be maintained during declining pressure in the Huldra reservoirs.
Huldra is located in the northeastern part of Viking Graben, about 30 kilometers north of Oseberg.
The field is developed with a normally unmanned wellhead facility (photo) which is remote-controlled from Veslefrikk. Condensate is transported in a pipeline to Veslefrikk B for processing and further transport to the crude oil terminal at Sture.
The gas is transported in a pipeline to Heimdal for processing and export to the Continent or the U.K.
With the present equipment, production will stop in October 2006, due to declining pressure in the reservoir. After installation of compressor, the delivery pressure in the pipeline to Heimdal can be maintained and the production can continue until 2011 - 2012.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)