Atwood Beacon Wins Contract for Work Offshore India
Atwood Oceanics reports that the Atwood Beacon has been awarded a twenty-five (25) month contract by Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd. to drill offshore India. The contract provides for a dayrate of $113,000 for the first thirteen months and $133,500 for the last twelve months, with a moving rate of $110,000 plus all tow vessels to be provided by GSPC.
Immediately upon the rig completing its current contract in Vietnam (estimated May/June 2006), it will be towed to Singapore by GSPC at a moving rate of $110,000. Upon arriving in Singapore, the rig will enter a shipyard to have its final section of legs installed, which will take approximately two (2) weeks to complete, with the downtime covered by $70,000 per day in remaining loss of hire insurance. Immediately upon leaving the shipyard, the rig will be mobilized to India.
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)
Company: Gujarat State Petroleum Corp. more info
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Oilex Commences Gas Production from Bhandut Field in Gujarat, India (Apr 08)
- GeoGlobal Updates ANK 41-S Drilling In India (Dec 22)