Anadarko's Marco Polo Platform Resumes Production in Gulf Of Mexico
Anadarko Petroleum says that the Marco Polo platform resumed production on Sunday evening (Sept. 4) and is producing approximately 20,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, its normal production rate before being shut down Aug. 27. It is Anadarko's only Gulf of Mexico production and accounts for approximately 3 percent of the company's expected 2005 production. The Marco Polo platform, located at Green Canyon block 608, is operated by Anadarko and owned by Enterprise Products Partners L.P. and CalDive International
The following is an update on Anadarko's other Gulf of Mexico exploration and development operations:
- The Ensco 7500 drilling rig assigned to the Genghis Khan field on Green Canyon (GC) 652, the Noble Paul Romano rig assigned to the K2 North field (GC 518) and Transocean's Deepwater Millennium drillship assigned to the Daredevil prospect (Lloyd Ridge 95) sustained no material damage and have resumed operations following brief shut-downs for the storm. Anadarko is operator with 100 percent working interests in all three blocks.
- Global Santa Fe's Celtic Sea drilling rig at the K2 field (GC 562), operated by ENI, sustained minimal damage to its moorings and is expected to resume operations before the end of September.
- Anadarko also has interests in three non-operated exploration wells. Rigs assigned to the Unocal-operated Knotty Head prospect (GC 512) and the Chevron-operated Big Foot prospect (Walker Ridge 29) have resumed operations, but the rig (Deepwater Nautilus) assigned to the Shell-operated Pathfinder prospect (GC 390) is undergoing damage assessment.
"With only relatively minor delays at the key deepwater exploration and development projects Anadarko operates, we feel fortunate to have avoided any significant operational impact or personal injuries from Katrina's devastating force," Mark Pease, senior vice president, exploration and production, said. "The company and our employees, in addition to restoring vitally needed energy supplies to the market, are also focusing on what we can do as neighbors and concerned citizens to aid the victims of this tragedy."
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)