Tap Oil Says Takahe-1 Well a Duster
Tap Oil reports that the Takahe-1, located onshore in the New Zealand Taranaki Basin Permit PEP38744, was a dry hole.
The well has drilled to a total depth of 1,600 meters. No significant hydrocarbon shows were reported and the well will now be plugged and abandoned.
The next Tap well to be drilled in the onshore Taranaki Basin will be Richmond-1 which is due to spud at the end of September.
PEP 38744 Joint Venture participants are Tap Oil as operator with 50%; OMV New Zealand with 35% and Todd Pohokura with 15%.
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)