Transocean Rather Lands Contract from Chevron North Sea
Chevron North Sea Limited and its partners Statoil, OMV and DONG, have awarded a contract to Transocean's semisub, Transocean Rather, to perform an appraisal and exploration drilling program West of Shetland commencing the second quarter of 2006.
It is the company's intent to use the Transocean Rather to appraise the oil and gas discovery at the offshore Rosebank/Lochnagar location (213/27-1Z) in the Faroe-Shetland Basin, initially discovered in August 2004.
Gary Luquette, President and Managing Director for Chevron Upstream Europe, said, "We are extremely encouraged by the preliminary results of this exploration program which is very much aligned with Chevron's strategy to achieve superior exploration success from a focused, high-impact exploration program. This follow-up will give us the opportunity to decide whether this find has potential for future development."
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
- Newcomer Borr Scoops Up Transocean Rigs For $1.4B As Dealmaking Heats Up (Mar 20)