Petrofac Secures Significant Marathon Contract
Petrofac has been awarded a significant long-term contract by Marathon Oil. The contract covers the provision of Engineering, Construction, Operations and Maintenance (ECOM) services for the Brae field (North Sea) and Engineering and Construction services for the Central Africa Business unit (Equatorial Guinea and Gabon), over an initial five-year period.
It is anticipated that a team of over 200 onshore and offshore personnel will be required to deliver the full extent of the contract.
Commenting on the significance of the deal, Paddy Mallan, Director Operations Support added: "This is a key contract win, which we were keen to secure. We have been working with Marathon since December 2003, providing operations support personnel across the Brae Field assets. Our work there has helped evolve a successful working relationship and we are delighted that our innovative approaches to achieve operational improvements have been recognised by Marathon".
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Petrofac Facilities Management more info
- Venture Shuts-In Production at Kittiwake Platform (Nov 11)
- Petrofac Snags Specialist Production Engineering Company (Jul 25)
- Petrofac Training Center Opens in Sakhalin (Jun 10)