Norwegian Petroleum Directorate Pre-Qualifies Marubeni
The Japanese company Marubeni Oil & Gas has been pre-qualified as a licensee on the Norwegian shelf.
Marubeni is a trading company that was established in Japan in 1858. Marubeni has activities within a wide range of business areas, such as: metal, transportation, electrical goods, chemical products, minerals, energy and consumer goods.
The company has around 24 000 employees and had in 2004 a turnover of approximately US $70 billion.
Marubeni E&P's head office is located in Tokyo, with branch offices in Perth (Australia), Houston (USA) and London (Great Britain).
The company has been involved in exploration, development and production of oil resources in several regions for more than 20 years. The regions include: The Gulf of Mexico, India, Australia, Russia and the North Sea (UK). Marubeni is producing around 50 000 barrels of oil per day. The company is a licensee in 13 production licenses in the UK and nine in the Gulf of Mexico.
The pre-qualification system has been established to offer the companies an evaluation of their suitability to participate on the Norwegian continental shelf before they expend resources assessing specific business opportunities.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Marubeni Corp more info
- JOGMEC, Inpex, Marubeni Ink Exploration Deal with Rosneft (Dec 15)
- Indonesia's Small-Scale LNG Plans Face Several Challenges (Apr 15)
- MODEC Secures Japanese Partners in Petrobras FPSO Project (Apr 14)