Pogo Closes Sale of Thailand Oil and Gas Assets
Pogo Producing Company has closed the previously announced sale of Thailand assets to PTTEP Offshore Investment Company Limited and Mitsui Oil Exploration Co., Ltd., for $820 million in cash.
Completing the sale of our Thailand assets brings successful closure to one of Pogo's most important strategic goals for 2005," said Paul G. Van Wagenen, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Pogo. "We will direct these proceeds toward Pogo's pending acquisition of Northrock Resources."
On July 11, 2005, the Company announced that it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Northrock Resources Ltd., a wholly owned Canadian subsidiary of Unocal Corporation. That transaction is expected to close during the third quarter of 2005.
"We believe that this strategic repositioning of our assets should enable
Pogo to deliver continued growth in both reserves and production for the next
several years," Mr. Van Wagenen said.
- PXP and Pogo Report Results of Elections for Merger Consideration (Nov 06)
- Pogo Reports Loss of $45 Million in 3Q 2007 (Oct 25)
- Pogo Loses Friend & Colleague, Jerry A. Cooper (Oct 24)
Company: PTTEP more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)