Apache Spuds Gats #1 Well Offshore Australia
Strike Oil reports that the Ensco 106 is preparing to spud the Gats #1 well located in WA-261-P in the Carnarvon Basin offshore Australia. A change in the Apache Northwest's drilling program for operational reasons has resulted in the commencement of the Gats #1 well at such short notice. The well had been scheduled for the end of the month.
The Gats #1 well will be drilled to a total depth of 816 meters and will take approximately 5 days to drill.
The Gats prospect is situated in the central portion of WA-261-P, approximately 15 km West of the Stag Field and 3 km to the southwest of the non-commercial hydrocarbon accumulation at Antler 1.
The primary objective of the Gats-1 well is to evaluate the middle M.australis Sandstone within a predominantly stratigraphic closure, up-dip of Antler 1 and on trend with the Stag oil field. The crest of the Gats prospect is mapped at approximately 35 meters above the oil-water contact (OWC) in Antler 1.
Antler 1 encountered a 3.8m hydrocarbon column (2.4m gas over 1.4m oil with an OWC at 705.5m AHD) at the top of 16.3m thick middle M. australis sand in a small four-way dip closure.
The sand exhibited bright fluorescence below the OWC suggesting a residual oil column (and possible displacement of oil updip into the Gats prospect).
The mean unrisked reserve potential is 14.1 million barrels. The upside (P10) is 32.7 million barrels.
Participants in the well are Apache Northwest as operator with 45.1%; Strike Oil with 16.25; Victoria Petroleum with 12.5%; Bow Energy with 10%; Tap Oil with 10% and Sun Resources with 6.2%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: ENSCO International Incorporated more info
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Strike Oil more info
- Lochard No Longer Qualifies as Thunderball Operator (Jan 14)
- Strike Oil's AD Kennison Well to Be Abandoned (Dec 06)
- Drilling Ops Underway at Strike's Sadie Well (Feb 24)