Evandra 1 Cased for Future Production Testing
Origin Energy reports that the exploration well Evandra 1, located in the onshore Perth Basin Production Licence L1, will now be cased for later production testing to determine the deliverability and commercial significance of the hydrocarbons.
Interpretation of wireline logging data has confirmed oil saturations over a gross Dongara Sandstone/Wagina Formation interval of approximately 20 meters between 2,293 meters measured depth and 2,313 meters measured depth of which up to 11 meters is interpreted to have the potential to produce oil. Wireline pressure data however indicates that the reservoir quality is poor.
Evandra 1 is located approximately 12.5 kilometers southeast of the town of Dongara and 3 kilometers south east of the Jingemia oil field.
Participants in L1 and L2 (excluding the Dongara, Mondarra and Yardarino fields) and Evandra 1 are ARC Energy as operator with 50% and Origin Energy with 50%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)