Paladin Receives Okay for Exploration on License 316
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has granted Paladin Resources Norge AS a consent to carry out exploration drilling of well 9/3-2 with the jackup, Maersk Giant. The well is located in the southern North Sea, approx. 120 km southwest of Egersund.
The activity will start when the facility has completed an assignment for Talisman on the Varg field, and has an expected duration of 36 days. Water depth at the site is 101 meters.
The Maersk Giant can operate in water depths up to 107m and has accommodates for 87 people. The facility obtained an Acknowledgement of Compliance in February of 2002.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Paladin Resources more info
- Faroe Petroleum, Dong E&P Swap Norwegian Sea Assets (May 19)
- Nido Encouraged by Early Palawan Results (Apr 02)
- Nido: Prelim NW Palawan Seismic Shows 60-plus Structures (Mar 30)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)