Woodside Logs Gas Pay at Pluto-2 Offshore Australia
Woodside reports that the Pluto-2 appraisal well, located 8.5 kilometers south of the Pluto-1 gas discovery in the outer Carnarvon Basin, was spudded on July 21, 2005 and has been drilled to a total depth of 3,335 meters.
Preliminary formation evaluation indicates that the well has encountered a gross gas column of approximately 63 meters at the well location and confirms the extent of the field in a southerly direction. The well is now being prepared for side-track to acquire core.
Transocean's semisub, Sedco 703 is drilling the well.
Woodside Energy Ltd. has a 100% interest in WA-350-P.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)