Fugro and Noble Bring Duffy & McGovern On Board in Gulf
Fugro Seafloor Survey and Noble Drilling have appointed Duffy & McGovern Accommodation Services to provide offshore accommodation units on three projects in the Gulf of Mexico.
The contracts will see Duffy & McGovern provide seven modules to Fugro for use on the MV Cape Fear, while Noble Drilling is set to take delivery of an eight-man sleeper module for use on the Noble Max Smith and a block of four office and sleeper modules for the Noble Paul Romano. The three contracts have a combined value of over US$200,000.
Integral to Fugro's decision to select Duffy & McGovern was the company's unique ability to provide pre-approved OSV (Offshore Supply Vessel) units from their existing fleet.
Glenn Aguilar, vice president of Duffy & McGovern's US operations in New Orleans explains: "Accommodation units which are destined for use on offshore supply vessels are built to higher specification structural design codes in order to cope with the higher dynamics associated with OSV motions. Duffy & McGovern's fleet of cabins is built to this specification as standard, so we were the only company able to meet Fugro's requirements quickly from existing fleet for this contract."
Fugro is adding seven new accommodation modules to the Cape Fear vessel in total for use over the next three months. The units include four 8 x 20 foot offices, two 8 x 10 foot freezer and refrigeration units and one eight-man sleeper module.
For its Max Smith rig, Noble Drilling has selected a USCG-approved eight-man sleeper module incorporating safety features such as fire and gas detection systems, and comfort features which include en-suite bathrooms and advanced air conditioning to suit the hot and humid Gulf of Mexico climate. For the Noble Paul Romano, which is working for Anadarko in the Gulf of Mexico, the company has commissioned two further eight-man sleeper modules along with two office units – one 8 x 16 foot in size and one 8 x 20 foot. Both Noble contracts are for a period of six months.
Duffy & McGovern is currently providing accommodation for over 20 companies in the Gulf of Mexico and is the only firm able to offer fully compliant SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) and IMO (International Maritime Organisation) living quarters in the region. The company has a fleet of over 240 accommodation cabins throughout the world, with over a third based in the Americas serving the Gulf of Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Brazil and Canada.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
- Deal Of The Month: Noble Energy Marches Out of Marcellus in Full $1.9B Exit (May 31)
Company: Duffy & McGovern more info
- Duffy and McGovern Gains New Deals with the Move to Singapore (Aug 08)
- Duffy and McGovern Gearing Up for High Demand (Jul 23)
- Duffy and McGovern Makes Waves in South East Asia (Jun 13)