ONGC's Offshore Platform BHN Suffers Accident
ONGC's Offshore Platform BHN suffered a major accident on Wednesday afternoon, July 27th. A multi-purpose support vessel of ONGC under SCI operation was reported on fire. Personnel have abandoned chartered rig Noble Charlie Yester which was deployed in the vicinity.
Search and Rescue operations are being carried out by deploying support and supply vessels as well as with helicopters and Coast Guard aircraft. All helicopters at Juhu helibase are grounded due to flooding. The Indian Navy has been alerted for assistance. Actions have been taken to mobilize medical assistance/evacuation as soon as possible.
The cause of accident has not been established at this time.
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)