BP Makes Seventh Discovery In Angola's Ultra-Deepwater
Sociedade Nacional de Combustíveis de Angola (Sonangol) and BP announced the 'Juno-1' oil discovery in the ultra-deepwater Block 31, offshore Angola. Juno-1 is the seventh successful discovery well BP has drilled in Block 31 following Plutao, Saturno, Marte, Venus, Palas and Ceres. The well is located 10 kilometers to the northwest of the recent Palas discovery and 22 kilometers south of the Ceres discovery announced earlier in 2005.
Juno-1 was drilled by the Jack Ryan drill ship in a water depth of 1,601 meters some 165 kilometers off the Angolan coast.
The well was drilled to a total depth of 3,200 meters and tested at a mechanically restricted rate of 2,676 barrels of oil per day through a 28/64 inch choke.
BP is currently studying development concepts for the discoveries in the south-eastern region of the block.
Block 31 and its operatorship was awarded in 1999 by Angola's state oil company Sonangol to BP with a 26.67 percent equity together with its partners Esso Exploration and Production Angola (Block 31) Limited 25 percent, Sonangol, E.P. 20 percent, Statoil Angola A.S.13.33 percent, Marathon Petroleum Angola Block 31 Limited 10 percent and TEPA (Block 31) Limited (Total group) 5 percent.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)