AWE to Sidetrack Henry-1 Well
Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited reports that the Henry-1 exploration well, located in VIC/P 44 is being prepared for a sidetrack. To date the well has intersected approximately 32 meters of gross section in the primary objective with approximately 18 meters of sandstone with good gas shows (from LWD and mudlog only).
The joint venture intends to drill the sidetrack and cut a core in the Waarre Sandstone reservoir section where Henry-1 encountered gas shows. Following the drilling and coring, wireline logging operations will be completed. Analysis of this additional data, in conjunction with the data already obtained from the Henry-1 well, will assist in establishing whether Henry-1 can be declared a wildcat gas discovery.
Henry-1 is located approximately 8.5 kilometers northwest of the Casino gas field, where two successful gas development wells were recently completed.
Participants in VIC/P44 are Peedamullah Petroleum (AWE) with 25%; Santos as operator with 50% and Mittwell Energy with 25%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)