Henry-1 Exploration Well Encounters Gas Shows
Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited reports that the Henry-1 exploration well, located in VIC/P 44 has reached its total measured depth of 2,100 meters. Following completion of logging activities, the well will be plugged and abandoned as planned.
Preliminary analysis of the mudlog and measured-while-drilling (MWD) logs indicate that the well has encountered approximately 18 meters of gas bearing sandstone in the primary target horizon, the Waarre Sandstone. The extent of the gas shows is in line with the pre-drill expectations.
Wireline logging operations and analyses will need to be undertaken to establish whether Henry-1 can be declared a wildcat gas discovery.
Henry-1 is located approximately 8.5 kilometers north-west of the Casino gas field, where two successful gas development wells were recently completed.
Participants in the VIC/P44 are Peedamullah Petroleum (AWE) with 25%; Santos as operator with 50%; and Mittwell with 25%.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)