PTTEP to Participate in Block Merangin I in Indonesia
PTTEP has signed a farm-in agreement to acquire the interest in the Merangin I Production Sharing Contract, with PT Medco E&P Merangin. The participating interest for PT Medco E&P Merangin (the Operator) will be 61%, and for PTTEPO 39%.
The block Merangin I covers an area of approximately 3,200 square kilometers. The block is located onshore, in the south of Sumatra, Indonesia. A primary geological study for Block Merangin I indicates crude oil potential. The company plans to drill one exploration well in 2005.
The participation will be valid after BPMIGAS, an Indonesian government agency, approves the agreement.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: PT Medco Energi more info
- Lundin Petroleum Sells Indonesian Upstream Assets to Medco for $22M (Oct 09)
- Indonesia's Medco Gets Additional 25 Years to Operate Oman Oil Fields (Apr 29)
- Medco Energi Discovers Oil, Gas in Indonesia and Libya (Sep 29)