Harriet JV Finds Oil with Mohave-1 Exploration Well
Tap Oil reports that the Mohave-1 exploration well located in the Harriet Joint Venture Permit, TL/6 has completed drilling to a depth of 2,838 meters Measured Depth. The well encountered a 13-meter gross oil column at the top of the Flag Sandstone, 2.8 meters high to prognosis in excellent quality reservoir.
The well will now be sidetracked to drill a horizontal section through the reservoir and complete the well for production.
Although oil reserves are yet to be calculated for the Mohave structure, this is a good result with the well coming in above expectations. Tap estimates that initial production rates will be in excess of 5,000 bbls/day with first oil expected immediately following the completion of drilling of the next exploration well Stuart-1.
The results bode well for the next exploration well, Stuart-1, to be drilled following the completion of Mohave-1 made ready for production. Stuart-1 will also be drilled from the Victoria Platform and like Mohave-1 also lies on the same structural trend to the northeast of the Pedirka Field. In addition, over the next few months a further 4 Flag exploration wells will be drilled.
TL/6 Joint Venture participants are Tap with 12.2229%; Apache as operator with 68.5% and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)