CGX Begins Drilling Hermitage Well in Guyana
CGX Energy and its Guyanese subsidiary ON Energy report that drilling of the Hermitage well has commenced. The Hermitage well is located onshore Guyana and is the second and deepest well in a four well program. The well is proposed to be drilled to a depth of approximately 6,200 feet with targets in the Eocene, Paleocene and Cretaceous. The Company will report the results when drilling is completed.
Warren Workman, President of ON Energy stated "This well is third ranked of our remaining locations and is being drilled at this time to minimize surface access problems during the remainder of the rainy season in Guyana."
The Company also announces that it has granted, pursuant to its stock option plan, to directors, management and consultants of the Company an aggregate of 950,000 stock options in replacement of same that expired on May 23, 2005. The Company has also granted 100,000 options to a consultant working on the onshore drilling program. Each such stock option entitles the holder to purchase one common share of the Company at a price of US$0.70 until June 30, 2010.
- CGX Inks LOI for Hakurya-12 to Drill Guyana's Corentyne Block in 2015 (Jun 03)
- CGX Spins Bit Offshore Guyana (Feb 13)
- Repsol Spuds Jaguar Well Offshore Guyana (Feb 09)
Company: ON Energy, Inc. more info
- CGX Energy Expects Guyana Drilling Costs to Increase (Aug 10)
- CGX Begins Drilling Hermitage Well in Guyana (Jul 05)
- CGX Energy Abandons Yakusari Well in Guyana (Jun 21)