Murphy Oil Logs Pay with Endau #1 and Kerisi #1 Offshore Malaysia

Murphy Oil reports that its Endau #1 exploration well discovered oil and natural gas in multiple horizons. The Endau well reached a total depth of 8,275 feet and was drilled in 138 feet of water in Block SK 311 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia. Murphy also announced that it encountered oil at its Kerisi #1 well in deepwater Block K, offshore Sabah. The well, which was drilled to a total depth of 11,234 feet in 4,721 feet of water, found good quality oil in multiple thin sands.

"The oil discovery at Endau enhances our Sarawak position by confirming additional oil potential in Block SK 311 in shallow water Malaysia," said Claiborne P. Deming, Murphy Oil Corporation's President and Chief Executive Officer. "The Endau field, which lies nine kilometers southwest of the earlier announced Rompin oil discovery, will be appraised later this year. We are currently evaluating development options for this area," he further added.

Murphy, as operator, has an 85% working interest in Block SK 311. PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd., a wholly owned exploration and production arm of PETRONAS, holds the remaining 15%.

In deepwater Sabah, Murphy encountered oil in multiple sands at the Kerisi #1 well (Murphy 100%) that lies in the Kikeh Trend. Deming commented, "While the oil in Kerisi is not of a stand-alone size, we are evaluating this as a potential satellite development tied to the Kikeh field less than eight kilometers to the south."

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Web Developer
Expertise: IT - Programming & Database|IT - Software Development|Software Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Operations Supervisor - Hobbs, NM Job
Expertise: Asset Management|Operations Management|Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Location: Hobbs, NM
Entry Level Geologist
Expertise: Geologist
Location: Portland, OR
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.47/BBL 0.98%
Light Crude Oil : $49.72/BBL 1.09%
Natural Gas : $2.76/MMBtu 1.09%
Updated in last 24 hours