CGX Energy Abandons Yakusari Well in Guyana
CGX Energy and its Guyanese subsidiary ON Energy report that its Yakusari well, located onshore Guyana, was drilled to a depth of 2,901 feet. After examining electric well logs, a decision has been taken to abandon the well. This was the first well of a four well program. During the next two weeks, the well will be abandoned, and the drill equipment moved to Hermitage, a well with a target depth of approximately 6,200 feet.
Kerry Sully, President of CGX and Chairman of ON Energy stated "From an operations viewpoint, we've learned a lot about the challenges of importing an entire industry into a country yet to have an oil industry. Of the four locations, Yakusari was located the farthest from our storage yard, and the farthest from the coastal highway. Methodical preparation of our access road and lease location allowed continuous operation during the rainy season, which fortunately was modest by Guyanese standards. We will now integrate the geological information into our geological model to assist us in future exploration. We look forward to the results from the next three locations."
- CGX Inks LOI for Hakurya-12 to Drill Guyana's Corentyne Block in 2015 (Jun 03)
- CGX Spins Bit Offshore Guyana (Feb 13)
- Repsol Spuds Jaguar Well Offshore Guyana (Feb 09)
Company: ON Energy, Inc. more info
- CGX Energy Expects Guyana Drilling Costs to Increase (Aug 10)
- CGX Begins Drilling Hermitage Well in Guyana (Jul 05)
- CGX Energy Abandons Yakusari Well in Guyana (Jun 21)