Apache's Rose Well on Stream in Australia
Apache reports the development of its Rose gas/condensate field with the completion of the Rose 4 development well which is on stream, flowing at a daily rate of 101 million cubic feet (MMcf) of natural gas and 3,500 barrels (bbls) of condensate from the Brigadier and Mungaroo formations.
The Rose field is part of the Harriet Joint Venture, which Apache operates with a 68.5 percent interest. Its partners are Kufpec with 19.3 percent and Tap Oil with 12.2 percent.
"Development of Rose significantly enhances the joint venture's gas deliverability," said Eve Howell, regional vice president and managing director of Apache's operations in Australia. "Production from Rose-4 will be sold into 13 dedicated contracts and, along with the John Brooks development scheduled to come on line in August, should substantially increase the region's second-half gas volumes over previously reported levels."
The Rose field is located approximately 11 miles northeast of Apache's
Varanus Island production hub in about 82 feet of water. Rose-4 was drilled
as an extended-reach development well from the Linda platform to a measured
depth of 19,906 feet. The well intersected the three field pay sands (the
Jurassic-Triassic age North Rankin, Brigadier and Mungaroo Formations) on the
crest of the structure and is favorably positioned to deplete Rose's estimated
40 billion cubic feet of natural gas reserves.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)