Two Transocean Drillships Win Contracts
Transocean has been awarded contracts for two high-specification drillships, the Deepwater Millennium and the Deepwater Expedition, for drilling operations in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and offshore Egypt, respectively.
The Deepwater Millennium, a fifth-generation, dynamically positioned drillship, has been awarded a two-year contract by Anadarko Petroleum for drilling operations in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Revenues of approximately $209 million could be generated over the two-year contract, which went into effect last week. This contract takes the place of a six-month firm contract with two previously reported and unexercised options with Anadarko that could have generated maximum, combined revenues of approximately $146 million over the 18-month period. The new contract assures Anadarko rig access for its deepwater portfolio over the next two years. The current contract and replaced contract with options are exclusive of revenues for mobilization, demobilization and client reimbursables.
The Deepwater Expedition, also a fifth-generation, dynamically positioned drillship, has been awarded a three-well, estimated 90-day contract plus a 30-day option well from a Shell subsidiary for drilling operations offshore Egypt in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. Following the completion of the rig's current contract with Petrobras in Brazil, which is expected to conclude in October 2005, the Deepwater Expedition will commence an estimated 30-day mobilization to Egypt and is expected to begin the 90-day contract in November 2005. Revenues of approximately $22 million could be generated over the estimated 90-day contract period. Estimated contract revenues are exclusive of revenues for mobilization, demobilization and client reimbursables.
The Deepwater Millennium and Deepwater Expedition are two of 32 High-Specification rigs in the Transocean Inc. fleet, 13 of which are Fifth-Generation Deepwater Floaters. The rigs entered active service as newbuild drillships in 1999.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Anadarko Petroleum more info
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)