Stratic Wins Reconnaissance License in Morocco

Stratic Energy along with its partner, TransAtlantic Petroleum has been awarded a reconnaissance license covering 13,750 sq. kilometers (about 3.4 million acres) in northeastern Morocco. The Company will have a 40% interest in the Guecif-Beni Znassen reconnaissance license with TransAtlantic as operator and holding the remaining 60% interest.

The Guercif-Beni Znassen area represents the opportunity to pursue the extension of an existing producing play into a complex, under-explored basin. The initial year's work program will involve the reprocessing of 4,300 kilometers of 2D seismic and an aeromagnetic/aerogravity survey over the block. The work commitment is estimated to cost $1 million and should be completed by the first quarter 2006. Improvements in seismic processing and an understanding of the basin should permit the Company to high-grade the best areas for further exploration. The exclusive license is for a term of one year. The parties have the right to extend the reconnaissance license for an additional year or convert it to a three year petroleum agreement. There has been oil production in Morocco since the 1920's and recent law changes have made Morocco a very attractive country to explore for oil and gas.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Project Director, US Government Construction
Expertise: Construction Manager|Project Management
Location: Philadelphia, PA
 
Pilot - Aviation
Expertise: Business Development|Helicopter Pilot / Operations
Location: Houston, TX
 
Business Development Manager
Expertise: Business Development|Sales|Structural Engineering
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.23/BBL 0.46%
Light Crude Oil : $52.75/BBL 0.62%
Natural Gas : $3.24/MMBtu 1.25%
Updated in last 24 hours