ONGC Videsh & IOC-OIL to Bid in Nigeria's Licensing Round
ONGC Videsh Ltd. and the Indian Oil Corp.-Oil India Ltd. consortium will bid for four or five blocks in Nigeria's upcoming upstream round. OVL has identified offshore blocks to bid upon. The IOC-OIL is interested in both offshore and onshore blocks.
OVL is interested in the 12 deepwater blocks in the Nigerian sector of the Gulf of Guinea in 2,000-3,000 m water depths. OVL expects the minimum bids to be $50 million minimum for each deepwater block. OVL and IOC-OIL have bought data packages for the round. The blocks are prospective based on a recent examination of the data. A final decision on how many blocks to bid on will be made by early July.
Nigeria offers 60 onshore and offshore blocks in the latest licensing round including acreage in the Gulf of Guinea, the Niger Delta, and the inland basins of Chad, Anambra, and Benue. Companies can bid in July followed by production sharing contract signing on August 31.
India's overall crude oil production has stagnated at 33.3 million tons/year over the past three years. Gas output is 80 MMcm/d, which meets 70% of domestic demand. India imports 70% of its crude requirements and consumes 112 million tons of petroleum products each year.
- Sources: India's IOC Buys New US Crude Grades For December Delivery (Oct 10)
- Saudi Aramco Plans 'Mega Investment' in World's Top Oil Guzzler (Oct 09)
- Indian Oil Plans $2.4B Expansion Of Gujarat Refinery (Aug 04)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)
Company: Oil India more info
- India, Iran Plan to Seal Deal to Develop Offshore Farzad B Field by October (Jun 06)
- India Launches Auction for 67 Small Oil, Gas Fields Under a New Bid Scheme (May 26)
- ONGC Plans to Drill 17 Exploration Wells in India's Shale Oil, Gas Blocks (Apr 26)