Remington Makes Gas Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico

Remington Oil and Gas Corporation lists the wells recently drilled, currently drilling or completing, along with wells that are scheduled to be drilled in the near term.

      Prospect     Category   W.I.%    Status/Spud Date            Operator

    West Cameron
     256 #2       Exploratory  100  Plugged and Abandoned          Remington
    West Cameron
     444 #1       Exploratory   60  Discovery-Tested 6 MMCF/D      Remington
    East Cameron
     185 A-4      Development   65  Testing                        Remington
    East Cameron
     346 A-13     Exploratory   75  Discovery-Producing            Remington
    Main Pass
     206 A-1      Development   40  Awaiting Pipeline Connection   MHR
    Main Pass
     206 A-2      Development   40  Awaiting Pipeline Connection   MHR
    West Cameron
     444 #2       Exploratory   60  June 2005                      Remington
    East Cameron
     298 #1       Exploratory   66  June 2005                      Remington
    East Cameron
     315 #1       Exploratory   50  Drilling @ 10,500'             Remington
    East Cameron
     346 A-14     Exploratory   75  Drilling @ 4,200'              Remington
    South Pass
     87 Aquarius  Exploratory   50  Waiting on Rig-Est. June 2005  Marathon

The Company's West Cameron Block 444 exploratory well was drilled to total depth of 10,180 feet and discovered gas pay in a single sand. This well has been flow tested at a rate of 6 MMCFG/day. Drilling of an additional well to test an adjacent fault block will commence immediately following the completion of the #1 well. Platform design is underway and first production is expected in the early fourth quarter 2005. Remington operates West Cameron Block 444 and owns a 60% working interest. Magnum Hunter Resources owns the remaining 40% working interest.

Drilling activities continue at the Company's East Cameron Block 346 field. The Company recently drilled the A-13 sidetrack well and found oil and gas pay in multiple sands. This well has been completed and is currently producing. The Company is currently drilling the A-14 well and has plans to drill up to two more wells on this property. Remington operates East Cameron Block 346 with a 75% working interest. Magnum Hunter Resources own the remaining 25%.

Additional wells drilling include one exploratory well located at East Cameron 315 #1 and an exploratory well scheduled to commence drilling this week at East Cameron 298. The Company is currently waiting on the drilling rig for the South Pass Block 87 Aquarius Prospect and anticipates the rig's arrival soon.

For the remainder of 2005 Remington anticipates maintaining 4-5 operated rigs drilling from its inventory of exploratory prospects. The Company will also have a non-operated drilling rig at the Aquarius prospect. Late in the year the Company anticipates commencing its deeper water program. The Company has a rig committed for two wells in this program. Remington will be operator of the deeper water program and will maintain a 100% interest in the drilling program.

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Engineering Software Developer
Expertise: IT - Software Development|Software Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Sr. Principal Technical Professional
Expertise: IT - Software Development|Software Specialist|Technical Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Sr ITS Administrator - Global Geoscience Systems
Expertise: IT - Software Development|Software Specialist
Location: The Woodlands, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.48/BBL 0.25%
Light Crude Oil : $49.91/BBL 0.04%
Natural Gas : $3.15/MMBtu 4.30%
Updated in last 24 hours