Omron IDM Controls to Supply Controls for Two Newbuild Rigs
Omron IDM Controls has been contracted to participate in two major drilling rig-manufacturing programs by Helmerich & Payne, Inc. of Tulsa, Oklahoma and Academy Services, a Division of Nabors Canada, of Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Omron IDM Controls has been awarded a contract to manufacture and commission AC Variable Speed Drives and Rig Automation Controls for the recently announced Helmerich & Payne FlexRig4 new-build program. Omron IDM Controls will supply 13 Variable Speed Drive houses with state-of-the-art Rig Automation Controls. Helmerich & Payne Drilling intends to take delivery of all the systems by March of 2006.
The company also announced a contract with Academy Services to supply 20 Variable Speed Drive packages as a part of their PACE smart technology rig packages for Nabors Drilling. On this project, Omron IDM Controls will provide a complete package including Switchgear, AC Drives and auxiliary controls. Academy Services intends to take delivery of all twenty systems by May of 2006.
Concurrent with the contract announcements, Omron Electronics LLC strengthened its commitment to the Oil and Gas Drilling controls business by investing for future growth of its subsidiary, Omron IDM Controls. Omron Electronics LLC intends to expand and upgrade Omron IDM Controls' existing manufacturing facilities in Houston, Texas to support additional large project business.
Manages 11 Offshore Rigs
- Walking Oil Rigs Spur Cheaper, Quicker Drilling in Supply Glut (Sep 01)
- Helmerich & Payne May Cut 2,000 Jobs As It Idles Rigs (Jan 29)
- Helmerich & Payne Welcomes New Board Member (Jun 12)
Company: Nabors Industries more info
- Contract Driller Nabors Expects Current-Quarter Results To Fall (Aug 04)
- Nabors Profit Takes Hit on Tough N. American Market (Jul 23)
- Cultural, Strategic Changes Brighten Outlook for Nabors (May 24)
Company: Omron IDM Controls more info
- Omron IDM Controls to Supply Controls for Two Newbuild Rigs (Jun 07)