Hakuryu-3 Renamed NAGA 1
Japan Drilling Company has sold its 50% ownership of the semisub Hakuryu-3 to a subsidiary of UMW Corporation, a joint venture partner in Malaysia, on June 1, 2005, and the rig has been renamed NAGA 1 under Panamanian flag.
NAGA 1, under co-ownership of JDC and UMW, will continue to be operated by UMW JDC Drilling Sdn. Bhd. (UJD), Malaysian drilling joint venture, for the duration of ongoing contract with Petronas Carigali Sdn. Bhd, which is expected to complete around the end of 2005.
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Rosneft Makes Discovery at Wild Orchid Gas Condensate Field Off Vietnam (Aug 12)
- India-Led Joint Expedition Finds Large Gas Hydrate Deposit in Bay of Bengal (Jul 26)
- Rosneft Spuds PLDD-1X Well in Vietnam's Nam Con Son Basin with Hakuryu-5 (Mar 09)
Company: UMW Holdings more info
- UMW Oil & Gas Seeks Drilling Contracts for 2 Newly Acquired Jackups (Feb 13)
- UMW Oil and Gas Pays $434M For Two Jackups (Feb 12)
- Keppel FELS Bags $218M Order for a Jackup from UMW Oil & Gas (Feb 07)