ERHC - Awards Announced in the 2004 JDZ Licensing Round
The Nigeria-Sao Tome and Principe Joint Development Authority (JDA) issued a press statement on May 31, 2005 announcing the award of five blocks on offer in the 2004 JDZ Licensing Round.
ERHC Energy had previously exercised its option rights in all the five Blocks on offer in the 2004 JDZ Licensing Round, and in December 2004 submitted bids as a consortium member for Blocks 2, 3 and 4.
In Block 2, the ERHC/Devon/Pioneer consortium has been awarded 65% interest, which is inclusive of ERHC's 30% signature bonus free interest. The consortium has been designated operator for Block 2.
In Block 3, the ERHC/Devon/Pioneer consortium has been awarded 25% interest, which is inclusive of ERHC's 20% signature bonus free interest.
In Block 4, the ERHC/Noble consortium has been awarded 60% interest, which is inclusive of ERHC's 25% signature bonus free interest. The consortium has been designated operator for Block 4.
In making the awards for Blocks 5 and 6, the JDA confirmed ERHC's 15% interest in each of these Blocks. ERHC's interest in Block 6 is free of signature bonus.
"The announcement of the awards is a significant milestone for
ERHC. We look forward to working with the JDA and other participants
towards developing the petroleum resources in the JDZ for the mutual
benefit of the peoples of Nigeria and Sao Tome & Principe as well as
our respective companies," commented Ali Memon, President & CEO of
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- Devon Energy Trims Full-Year Spending (Aug 01)
- Devon Energy Plans To Divest $1B Assets; Profit Beats (May 02)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
- Deal Of The Month: Noble Energy Marches Out of Marcellus in Full $1.9B Exit (May 31)
Company: ERHC more info
- ERHC, ANP-STP to Start PSC Talks in Mid-Nov. (Oct 18)
- Sinopec Gets JDA Nod for Extension of Exploration Phase in Nigeria (May 19)
- ERHC to Extend Exploration Phase I in JDZ Block 2 (Oct 14)